I started out with a Harbor Freight 1700 lb trailer frame.
The floor is made from 1/2" plywood, and 2x3's.
The whole underside of the floor needed to be undercoated to seal out water.
Then I cut out the two profiles for the walls.
I ripped the spars from 2x4's as the 2x2's at Home Depot were total garbage. I pre-cut all the 2x4's to the correct length prior to rippin them.
The inside galley wall was made from a peice
of scrap plywood that I had laying around. As it was, I had to cover both sides in luan to get a good enough quality wood to
varnish. It would have been cheaper to buy a good piece of plywood in the first place.. not to mention it would have been lighter.
The framing is done for the rear hatch.
The framing is done for the roof vent.
I got the shelf for the galley down, as well as finished up the wiring. The black thing is a tester to show that the wires all went to the right place.
As I bent the luan for the outer skin, I had to use
straps to hold it in place. I was fortunate to have some help that day.
The entire outside of the trailer was coated with four coats of polyester resin, sanded between each coat. Each coat took a day, due to the dry time and sanding.
The interior was coated in Helmsman Spar Urethane.
Two coats with a brush, sanded between, and the last coat was sprayed on.
After a final heavy sanding, and some glazing putty work, I was ready for paint.
Here she is all silvery and pretty.
Fenders mounted, and starting to mount the hatch.
Here she is after her first drive.
The galley area has been finished off with better quality wood, and three coats of Spar Urethane.
I have a little unfinished (for now)
table that hangs off the back.
I put a stainless steel door pull over the ugly little license plate light I had.
I bought this 1967 Coleman Picnic Stove off
ebay, and after extensive modifications, I got it to run off a standard 1lb propane cylinder. It's a Coleman Model #5409. I built the oak cabinet for it to sit in, the sides and back are open on it.